Sunday, January 19, 2014

Church Sunday

So today, (the 19th) was Sunday. So that means church. =] I always have the best time at church. Singing in choir, taking the sacrament, and seeing church friends. Its a great way to end the weekend...for me anyways. At school there is ALWAYS inappropriate jokes and always swearing and cussing. And it is really nice to go somewhere where there will be none of that, and we all have clean thoughts. :)
So for today's Sunday School lesson, we talked about how we are close to Jesus Christ, and how we can get closer to Him. And we wrote up on our white board about what we know for a fact about Him. And here is what we mostly wrote:
He is our Father
He is our creator
He loves us
He is perfect
He has a body of flesh (I wrote that :)
He forgives us
He knows all
and etc. Sorry I forgot the rest...
And then Sister Carruth, (my Sunday school teacher), read a lot of verses from the scriptures about Jesus and more about him. And we also wrote what we learned about him:
Supreme governor (I also wrote that:)
Omnipotent
Elohim
Well I obviously don't remember the rest but I guess we knew a lot about Jesus. =] And we had cupcakes for food. It was delicious!
Then for Young Women's we talked about having Jesus in our lives and why he is important in our lives. And we watched a video about why having Jesus in our lives is important. And it said that without him, ye can do nothing. Through the powers of Jesus Christ, our natures can be changed. He is that cometh to take away the sins of the world. And Jesus really is important in our lives. We must be firmly attached to him. He gave us many things such as Priesthood Power. His Atonement makes it possible for us to be resurrected and to repent and be forgiven so we can return to our Heavenly Father’s presence. And we also read the Living Christ. I have to be honest, I have never read that word for word. I guess I have never really read it. But it is pretty amazing. (: And I just have to put the last paragraph of the Living Christ on here.
"We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son."
I think that's just so great! I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he is so very important in my life. =]
Well I absolutely have to say this: In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment